How Do I Check The Transmission Fluid?
- First, remove the dipstick from under the hood (if you are unsure as to where it is located, check your owner's manual).
- The handle is usually a bright color (generally yellow or red).
- Remove the stick, wipe it clean, replace, and then remove it again.
- There are labels for "Warm" and "Cold"- check the warm readings.
- If it is not full, slowly fill the fluid up a little at a time, and continue to measure with the dipstick.
- To fill the fluid you should use a funnel and pour it into the hole where you pulled the dipstick. After filling, replace the dipstick, and after a few moments remove to confirm that it has been done correctly.
When checking your transmission fluid be sure to check it's color. Transmission fluid is a pinkish/red color. If your fluid is brown that is a sign that there may be something wrong with the car. If this is the case, schedule an appointment, where our experienced technicians are more than happy to help!